Monday, January 24, 2011

Motivation: What's Yours?

So, I'm starting to realize more and more that losing weight isn't much of a physical battle at all. It's a mental battle. Sure, you have to exercise, and eat right, and those are things you have to physically do. Yet, why you don't do them in the first place, is all in your mind. Maybe it's just me, but trying new food is probably the hardest part of this whole journey. It's almost like my mind has a list of things I'm supposed to eat, and when it sees something new coming towards my mouth, it's like WHOAH what are you doing? NO, I'm not eating that. It's almost as if it's the bouncer of my mouth, and it's kicking all the vegetables out. I know I WANT to eat it, but then again, I don't. I revert back to that 5 year old child, who's pickier than ever. I know this is something I'm going to have to struggle with for a while.

Exercise, too, is a mental battle. When you're out of shape, and not used to working out everyday, your body physically gets tired easily, then your mind kicks in, and says, " STOP!" But, you just have to find it down in yourself to keep going, no matter what.

This brings me to my main point: motivation. We all have it at some point. Yet, it's very hard to keep your motivation level high, all the time. For me, it's been down a lot lately. It seems like I have a one-track mind. I give all my energy and focus to one thing, and as soon as something else comes up, it takes the back-burner, and I barely think about it. This is another thing I struggle with. I'm finding it hard to just make healthy living a part of my life, instead of something that needs constant attention. I wish it would just come natural to me. Yet, it doesn't. It really is something that I need to fight for, but in the end, it will all be worth it. I don't want to have to deal with maybe having health problems because of food. That just sounds ridiculous, to let food kill you.

So, to keep my motivation up, I'm going to give myself a reward. If I exercise everyday for 2 weeks, starting today, January 24th, to February 7th, I will reward myself with a new haircut. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while, so I'm not going to allow myself to do this, unless I exercise everyday. This is going to be very hard for me, so that just makes the reward that much sweeter!

Happy dieting to everyone, if anyone actually reads, lol, and I'll check in again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment